Veterinary Diagnostics & Laboratory
The specialists and veterinarians of BSVES use the information provided by the referring veterinarian, as well as advanced equipment not available to many general practitioners, to provide the highest level of diagnostic capability to our patients.
BSVES provides a range of diagnostic services, including:
- In-house veterinary laboratory testing—Having an on-site lab allows our doctors to obtain a rapid diagnosis and initiate treatment as early as possible.
- Complete blood chemistry (CBC)
- Blood chemistry panel
- SNAP testing for several infectious diseases
- Blood typing and cross-match
- Blood gas analysis
- Coagulation testing (for clotting disorders)
- Limited toxin analysis
- Diagnostic imaging—BSVES is committed to providing state-of-the-art diagnostics, and nowhere is this more evident than in the diagnostic imaging department.
- Digital X-ray
- Contrast studies
- X-ray film interpretation—All X-ray studies performed at BSVES are read by a board-certified radiologist
- Ultrasound—Cardiac, Abdominal, Pregnancy evaluation
- Ultrasound-guided biopsies and aspirates
View a gallery of images from select cases diagnosed with advanced imaging.
- Endoscopy—An endoscope is an instrument that consists of a camera and lighting system affixed to a flexible tube. Endoscopes can also be equipped with basic tools for foreign body removal and taking samples for biopsy.
- Upper gastrointestinal tract (foreign body removal and biopsies)
- Bronchoscopy (trachea and bronchi)
- Rhinoscopy (nose and nasal cavity)
- Cystoscopy (bladder)
- Vaginoscopy (vaginal cavity)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Blood pressure
- Pulse oximetry